Stroke is a serious condition that requires clinical care by a physician or other healthcare professional.
Meet Our Stroke Care Team
When every second counts, Bayfront Health Brooksville's experienced stroke team has the expertise and technology to deliver life-saving care.
Resources and Support:
Get trusted information about stroke, from education and prevention to emergency care and rehabilitation.
Browse Our Stroke Care Center Health Library
Many risk factors for stroke can be changed or managed, while others that relate to hereditary or natural processes cannot be changed.
When an area of the brain is damaged, which typically occurs with a stroke, an impairment may result.
Why go to a Primary Stroke Center?
A Primary Stroke Center means you are in the best possible place for stroke care.
Your Primary Stroke Center at Bayfront Health Brooksville has met rigorous standards as designated by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA).
Primary Stroke Center designation distinguishes hospitals with advanced technology, infrastructure, staff and training to receive and treat patients of all ages with all types of strokes.
- Prepared to treat all types of strokes quicker than non-designated hospitals
- 24/7 stroke team access
- Advanced imaging technology and protocols
- Seamless integration with the ER
F.A.S.T. is the easy way to remember the signs of a stroke. Know the signs and call 911 immediately.
Why Every Second Counts
Stroke is the fourth leading cause of death in the U.S. and the leading cause of serious, long-term disability. Each year, more than 700,000 Americans suffer a stroke. Someone has a stroke every 40 seconds.
- When you are having a stroke, a blockage or hemorrhage cuts off oxygen to part of the brain
- Every second that goes by costs thousands of brain cells, which may or may not be recovered
- Survival and degree of recovery depend on how quickly a precise diagnosis can be made and treatment can begin
Faster, better treatment makes all the difference.
In stroke care, every second matters. We use the latest, minimally invasive treatment options to help avoid or minimize the effects of stroke. The Bayfront Health team of stroke specialists has the expertise and the technology to make an accurate diagnosis quickly and begin treatment immediately. Our life-saving care includes:
- Angioplasty and stent placement
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Stroke rehabilitation
Stroke care is available at all Bayfront Health hospital locations.