Our Heart Care Team
Expertise and compassionate care are two of the main traits of all the members of our team. When it comes to caring for your heart our expert physicians will be there for you every step of the way.
Injected Gel Might Someday Help Treat Heart Failure
Early study of pigs found protective effect after heart attack
FDA to Investigate Diabetes Drug Saxagliptin for Possible Heart Failure Risk
Marketed as Onglyza and Kombiglyze XR, drug appears to have no effect on heart attack or stroke risk
Fewer Heart Patients Now Dying From Heart Disease, Study Shows
Better surgical techniques, greater use of heart meds behind trend, researchers report
'House' TV Series Leads to Real-Life Diagnosis
Doctors realized patient's mysterious symptoms resembled those of a character on the medical drama
Research Reveals Secret Behind a Steady Heartbeat
Six proteins work together to maintain healthy heart function, study authors find
Hospital Safety Improves for Heart Patients, Study Finds
But no drop seen in 'adverse events' for surgical or pneumonia patients
How well do you know your heart? This article provides a basic understanding of the heart’s anatomy.
What is blood pressure? This article defines blood pressure, addresses risk factors, and gives tips for reducing high blood pressure.
Are you making heart-healthy choices? This article provides suggestions for heart-healthy living.
Have you been diagnosed with heart disease? This article explains how cardiac rehabilitation can be a valuable part of your treatment plan.
Are you at risk for heart disease? This article suggests actions to reduce your chances of developing heart disease.
How will your life change after a heart attack? This article provides tips & suggestions for returning to a “normal” lifestyle.
Best in cardiac care
All seven Bayfront Health heart care centers are state-of-the-art facilities. Each features a dedicated cardiac intensive care unit, performs interventional cardiac procedures, and showcases a distinguished team of cardiac physicians and staff. Using the most advanced technology in the region, our heart care centers are fully equipped to prevent and treat all aspects of cardiovascular disease.
- Rapid heart attack response times
- Advanced diagnostic and imaging technology
- Regionally and nationally renowned cardiac and thoracic surgeons
- Advanced heart failure and heart rhythm disorder care
- UF Health affiliation at six hospital locations
- Six strategically located Accredited Chest Pain Centers, two with PCI
- Special heart arrhythmia program at Bayfront Health St. Petersburg
- Advanced Cardiac Care Certification and Gold Seal of Approval by The Joint Commission (Venice Regional); one of only three in Florida
- Recognized Top Performers at Spring Hill, Brooksville and Dade City hospitals
Cardiac care is available at all Bayfront Health hospitals.